Children of trauma : rediscovering your discarded self / Jane Middelton-Moz.
By: Middelton-Moz, Jane.Material type: BookPublisher: Deerfield Beach, Fla. : Health Communications, c1989Description: xvii, 185 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.Content type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9781558740143 (pbk).Subject(s): Adult child abuse victims -- Mental health | Adult child abuse victims -- Rehabilitation | Self-care, HealthDDC classification: Online resources: Sample text | Publisher description
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due|
|Non-Fiction||Davis (Central) Library Non-Fiction||Non-Fiction||616.8582 MID||1||Available|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Imagine what it would be like to become the healthiest person you could be.....
This is the inherent right of each individual but when lingering emotional trauma from our childhood blocks the normal developmental process, we get struck. As each of us strives to become the healthiest person we possibly can, we will have to come face-to-face with emotional fears that may be the result of traumatic childhoods. Although that journey may be paved with the paid of unresolved grief and unrecognized loss, this book will serve as the map to guide you and help you rediscover your discarded self...
...the best self you were always meant to be.
Bibliography: p. 179-185.
11 37 85 86
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Foreword (p. xvi)
- 1. The Discarded Self, An Overview Of Children Of Trauma (p. 1)
- 2. Where I Stop And You Begin: Developing Emotional Boundaries (p. 19)
- 3. Panic Attacks: A Window To The Frightened Child (p. 71)
- 4. Relationships: Attempts At Mastery (p. 89)
- 5. Dimestores, Bakeries, Businesses And Bingo (p. 121)
- 6. You And Me Against Me: The Unfair Odds Of Self-Hate (p. 137)
- 7. From Legacy To Choice (p. 155)
- Bibliography (p. 179)